“Multitasking vs. Singletasking” Please respond to the following:
- Science supports the idea that multitasking is removing us from our abilities to be present in our world. Matt Killingsworth explains further. Please review his 10 minute video at https://youtu.be/Qy5A8dVYU3k (copy and paste into new window please). After viewing, please share your thoughts. Do you get through your days with a mind-full, or being mindful? Only one of these allows you to be present, and when present is when you truly get to experience emotion. Are you typically a multitasker? What steps/ approaches can be taken to minimize such? Please expand and share your thoughts on the topic (remember to be respectful when posting).
- Please read this TIME Money article, “Why You Should Stop Multitasking and Start Singletasking” and then respond to the following questions:
- What are your most frequent multitasking distractions at work, at home with your family, and while studying or doing homework?
- Which of the recommendations in the article are you most interested in trying and what do you think will be the biggest challenge in sticking with it?
- What recommendations do you have for minimizing distractions when focusing on important tasks?
- Sometimes multitasking is appropriate; for example, reading news headlines while waiting in line at the grocery store. What are some other examples of appropriate multitasking?