Part 1: Read the entire “Vargas Family Case Study” (all eight sections). Consider the progress (or lack thereof) over the past eight sessions. Using the “Discharge Summary Outline” template; include the following in your outline:
- A brief summary of what was going on with the family
- A review of the initial treatment goals
- Theories and interventions used
- A brief discharge summary for the family treatment
- Clinical recommendations for sustained improvement or referrals for additional services
Part 2: Review the “Vargas Family Case Study” and the provided literature regarding current trends and integrative models of family therapy. Identify two potential evidence-based or integrative models to which you would consider referring the Vargas family if problems persist. Compose a 6-12-slide PowerPoint presentation to be shared with your class. Be sure to include the following elements for each of the two models:
- A brief overview of the model
- The target demographic and presenting concerns the model addresses
- The research supporting the model
- Please note: Online students need to include detailed speaker notes of what would be said if giving the presentation in person.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.