150-200 words per discussion on seperate documents please
Lesson 4 Discussion Question 1
Step 1: Respond to the following:
Application of Qualitative Interviewing
Using the web, search for a video interview with a cybercriminal (try conducting a search for “interview with cybercriminal” or “interview with hacker”). As you watch the interview, keep in mind what you learned in Chapter 8 about semi-structured and structured questioning. In your discussion post, address the following:
- Summarize the interview you watched. Who was the criminal and what was the alleged crime?
- What approach do you believe the interviewer was taking? Did you like the interviewer’s approach to this particular interview situation? Why or why not?
- If you were the interviewer, what questions would you have asked, and why? What approach would you have taken, and why? ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lesson 4 Discussion Question 2
Instructions: Step 1: Respond to the following: Field Research Example Using the Internet, search for a journal article that illustrates criminal justice field research. (For example, the Journal of Criminal Justice offers abstracts for free online; the National Institute of Justice [NIJ] Journal offers full-text versions of many articles online. For more places to find articles, search online for “list of criminal justice journals.”) In your discussion post, address the following:
- What role did the researcher assume and why? Do you believe the researcher could have been successful in another role? Why or why not?
- How was the data gathered and organized? Was the data presented in a clear and concise manner? If not, what would you have done to make the findings clearer?
- In your discussion responses, choose two peers who have selected a method of field research that, from their descriptions, sounds similar to the one that you have selected. In your responses, comment on the similarities and differences between your peers’ evaluations and yours, and the advantages/disadvantages of each method described.