Lifespan Development Topic One
Below is a list of options from which you are to select a topic for the Week Two assignment. Examine one of the following topics on lifespan development connecting research and life.
- What do twin and adoption studies tell us about the effects of nature (i.e., genetic influences) and nurture (i.e., environmental influences) on human development? Select at least one of the main domains of human development (i.e., physical, cognitive, or social-emotional).
- How much credit or blame do parents deserve for the way we are? Select at least one of the main domains of human development (physical, cognitive, or social-emotional) for your answer.
- To what extent are the lives of adolescents and young adults shaped by parental and peer influences?
- Why do we have a need to belong (to affiliate with others)?
- How do our bodies and minds change from early to late adulthood?
Once you have chosen your topic, examine the various theories of human developmentlearned in the course and choose one or two that best assist you to understand the issues involved in your topic.
For this assignment address the following:
- Examine various theories of human development, describing relevant terminology, and addressing how the theory assists in the understanding of issues involved in the selected topic.
- Identify and describe at least two domains of human development (physical, biological, emotional, cognitive, and/or social) and how they are impacted by the chosen topic.
- Identify and describe the stages of development that are affected by the chosen topic.
- Describe the cultural and historical perspectives of the chosen topic, demonstrating an understanding of how the topic has been perceived over time and by other cultures. Provide relevant examples.