Deliver a 5â€“7-page analysis of an existing quality improvement initiative at your workplace. The QI initiative you choose to analyze should be related to specific disease, condition, or public health issue of personal or professional interest to you.
Too often, discussions about quality health care, care costs, and outcome measures take place in isolationâ€”each group talking among themselves about results and enhancements. Because nurses are critical to the delivery of high-quality, efficient health care, it is essential that they develop the proficiency to review, evaluate performance reports, and be able to effectively communicate outcome measures related to quality initiatives. The nursing staff’s perspective and the need to collaborate on quality care initiatives are fundamental to patient safety and positive institutional health care outcomes.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 2: Plan quality improvement initiatives in response to routine data surveillance.
- Recommend additional indicators and protocols to improve and expand quality outcomes of a quality initiative.
- Competency 3: Evaluate quality improvement initiatives using sensitive and sound outcome measures.
- Analyze a current quality improvement initiative in a health care setting.
- Evaluate the success of a current quality improvement initiative through recognized benchmarks and outcome measures.
- Competency 4: Integrate interprofessional perspectives to lead quality improvements in patient safety, cost effectiveness, and work-life quality
- Incorporate interprofessional perspectives related to initiative functionality and outcomes.
- Competency 5: Apply effective communication strategies to promote quality improvement of interprofessional care.
- Communicate evaluation and analysis in a professional and effective manner, writing content clearly and logically with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Integrate relevant sources to support arguments, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.