Write a brief explanation of the role of technology and information systems in epidemiology today. Then provide two specific examples of how the role of an epidemiologist and the use of technology have evolved since the time of John Snow. Explain the future role that epidemiologists may serve in your community and explain one or two factors that might most influence the role of epidemiologists in the next 5–10 years. Provide your rationale.
Part 1: Using the topic Gun Control and the Gun Control codebook complete the following tasks: (I WILL PROVIDE THIS INFO)
- Develop a theory.
- Develop a corresponding hypothesis
- Identify the independent (IV) and dependent (DV) variables in your hypothesis
- Operationalize your independent and dependent variables.
- Identify the level of measurement (LOM) of the independent and dependent variables in your hypothesis.
Part 2: Using the Gun Control dataset complete the following tasks: ( I WILL PROVIDE IT)
- Run frequencies on the variables:
- Summarize your findings.
Using the Gun Control dataset complete the following tasks:
- Run the measures of central tendency (MOCT) that correspond with each of the following variables’ levels of measurement (LOM):
- Summarize your findings.
Part 4: Using the Gun Control dataset complete the following tasks:
- Run the measures of variability (MOV) that correspond with each of the following variables’ LOM:
- Summarize your findings.
For her chemistry experiment, Marisol needs 2 liters of a 50% alcohol solution. The lab has two containers, one with 40% alcohol solution and the other with 80% alcohol solution.
1. Write a system of linear equations that you can use to determine how many liters of each type of alcohol solution Marisol should combine to get 2 liters of a 50% alcohol solution. Be sure to define your variables.
*******please respond to the discussion below with a paragraph add citation and references 🙂 *******
Social Determinants of Health (SDH) are circumstances that add to or deter from one’s health such as education level, socioeconomic status, quality of housing, or access to transportation (Green, 2018). In my case, I grew up middle class in central Illinois with access to health care, parents who valued education (dad was a teacher, mom was substitute teacher). I live in San Francisco in a house (not renting), my wife and I both work and enjoy the benefits of double coverage for health care so doctor visits and medications do not come with a copay. If I need to see the doctor, we have a car, I can take public transportation, a bike, or have ride share options available.
The communicable disease chain model represents the path communicable disease take in order to spread from one host to another. The chain begins in a reservoir where it idles waiting for a portal of exit (Green, 2018). This portal of exit can be blood, stool or cough which is then passed on to a new host via the mode of transmission through contact, ingestion, or inhalation among others (Green, 2018). The new host provides a portal of entry through mouth, breaks in the skin, or nose. For infection to take hold the host must be susceptible to the pathogenicity of the organism (Green, 2018).
Breaking the chain can be done in different ways. Primary prevention would be educating the public on hand washing, diet, exercise, safe food and water, etc (Green, 2018) Secondary prevention includes screenings for early detection and treatment to reduce comorbidities and slow progression of disease (Green, 2018). Tertiary prevention is used when disease is present but the nurse is trying to mitigate damages from the disease and attempting to have the patient return to the highest level of functioning possible (Green, 2018).
Green, Sue Z. (2018). Community & public health: The future of health care. Retrieved from https://lc.gcumedia.com/nrs427vn/community-and-pub…
- Lynda.com®: “Mobile Device Security”
- Lynda.com®: “Mobile Application Security”
Mobile device security continues to increase in importance and has become a key security focus as organizations and individuals protect their information assets and IT technology.
Discuss how you would approach mobile device security for employees, customers, stakeholders, and partners as they use mobile devices to access technology and software applications in the organization you chose in Week 1? How would you integrate mobile devices with security-enhancing solutions to reduce the risk of hackers targeting them to exploit security vulnerabilities?
note: this is discussion no more than half a page
- 1. Justify your answers with the help of course materials, Text Book, Online resources
2. Answer should be in not less than 1000 words. All students are encouraged to use their ownwords.
3. Referencing is necessary and student must apply APA Referencing Style.
4. A mark of zero will be given for any submission that includes copying fromother resource without referencingit.
Based on the summary of research findings identified from the Evidence-Based Project—Paper on Diabetes that describes a new diagnostic tool or intervention for the treatment of diabetes in adults or children, complete the following components of this assignment:
Develop a PowerPoint presentation (a title slide, 6-12 slides, and a reference slide; no larger than 2 MB) that includes the following:
- A brief summary of the research conducted in the Evidence-Based Project – Paper on Diabetes.
- A descriptive and reflective discussion of how the new tool or intervention may be integrated into practice that is supported by sound research.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines.
- Who Speaks for Justice, Part 5: Culture
- https://onbeing.org/programs/ta-nehisi-coates-imagining-a-new-america-nov2017/(Links to an external site.)
Read Part 5 of Who Speaks for Justice: “The Problem is Cultural”, pgs. 161 – 239
As you read, make notes about your reactions, assumptions, implications, arguments, questions (see prompts in instructions) The idea of personal responses are to engage in thoughtful internal dialogue about the idea of global issues and education. You should attempt, in your understanding of the readings to get “underneath” what you read in order to understand the social, political, and cultural underpinnings of the issues. Reading critically involves more than understanding the words or liking or disliking the texts; critical reading requires reflection.
Some prompts are helpful for how you should approach these assignments. As you consider your reflections, think about these questions: (a) what are the texts’ assumptions about the phenomena being discussed? (b) What are the implications of the assumptions and/or the arguments? (c) What is at stake in the texts arguments for the authors and for you? (d) Who (or what) are the authors arguing for or against? (e) How do the authors construct and articulate their arguments? (f) How do the texts “fit” (or not fit) in relation to your own thought and practice? (g) What questions did you find yourself asking after doing the reading? Please do not simply summarize the readings.
Write your critical response connecting the content from the text with your responses to the prompts.
Your response should be written in a narrative form that is evident of engaging with the content and reflection.
What are some of the ways you answer the question: “What does it mean to be a member of your culture?” What does that look like to an outsider? What makes your culture different from others?
- The Blog is an extension of the readings/assignments from the course and the text, Who Speaks for Justice and other assigned readings/videos. You are expected to share information and ideas regarding the readings in the blog. The blog will remain open for follow-up and ideas throughout the semester. It is advised that you revisit as needed, as you may come across items of interest to share with your colleagues. Given that we are in a changing political and social landscape right now, I am sure much will arise for you to share.
- The blog is a place to carry out discussion, share thoughts and ideas, connect ideas, read and connect with classmates. On the blog, your post may be a simple or complex. There is no right or wrong way to respond to the readings/videos. However you choose to post, be sure to include an explanation as to why you are posting your item and how it connects. Below are items you may want to include in your blog posts:
- Clearly worded response to the ideas in the readings
- Videos about the reading topics
- Articles about the reading topics
- Art/creative works about the reading topics
- Poetry about the reading topics
- Personal video reactions to the reading topics
There are several environmental laws, regulations, and policies that currently influence your life,
The Clean Water Act
Choose one (1) of these environmental regulations, or another policy that interests you; then, research your chosen regulation or policy’s requirements and environmental and economic impacts.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Describe three (3) key elements of the regulation or policy you chose. Specifically, discuss who is affected and what actions they are required to undertake, including federal and state agencies and specific industries, and how these requirements are enforced.
- Assess three (3) effects this regulation or policy had on our environment. Next, quantify its effects, if possible, to analyze whether or not the regulation had the desired effect on the environment.
- Discuss three (3) economic effects of your chosen policy or regulation. Next, describe the direct costs of implementation, as well as the effect the regulation has had on economic growth. If possible, find a benefits/cost analysis that will provide you with objective analyses of this regulation’s economic impact.
- Speculate whether or not you believe that this policy or regulation has been successful overall. Next, debate whether or not your chosen policy or regulation has promoted environmental benefits or outweighed its economic costs. Lastly, determine whether you would recommend renewing this policy or regulation when it comes to its expiration date, or whether you should let the policy or regulation expire. Justify your response.
|Ethical and Legal Considerations|
Describe the ethical and legal considerations of a professional strategic financial management function in an organization. What would you do if faced with a legal or ethical dilemma related to financial management in a health care organization? How might that legal or ethical dilemma impact strategic planning? Support your primary response with at least one scholarly source. Provide in-text citations and complete references for all sources used. Format your post according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts.