A Confederacy of Dunces – Short Answer Response
Quotes can also be found on shmoop/sparknotes
Requirements : Each question will require two answers. Each answer will be one paragraph long and will contain one in text quotation with a citation. Answers must be two paragraphs per question.
1. Using quotations from the text, characterize the relationship between Ignatius and Irene Reilly
2. In A Confederacy of Dunces, education is a theme. Use quotations that demonstrate how Toole presented the worth education in the text
3. Using quotations from the text, analyze the role of Fortuna in Confederacy of Dunces. What does Fortuna reveal about Ignatius?
4. In A Confederacy of Dunces, Ignatius comes in contact with many people, but he remains emotionally isolated. Find two quotations that that illustrate how and why he is isolated.
5. At the end of the novel, many characters end up benefiting from their association with Ignatius. Find two quotations that demonstrate this.