Write a 4–5-page summary of what you learned on learning theories.
The focus of this assessment is on learning theories. Consider an experience you had when you learned something new. For instance, buying a new smartphone, updating the operating system on your computer, attending a seminar, or driving a car with a manual transmission for the first time are all examples of learning.
In preparation for this assessment, use the Capella University Library to research three different types of theories of learning—for example, behaviorist theories, cognitivist theories, constructivist theories, or motivational theories. Think about how each can contribute to your understanding of how you were able to learn, or your understanding of the challenges you faced during the learning process.
For this assessment, complete the following:
- Describe the learning experience on which you are focusing. Make sure to elaborate on the learning goals and any associated changes in behavior. Compare the behavior patterns before the learning event and what differences in thought, feeling, or behavior occurred after the learning.
- Summarize briefly three different learning theories. Cite scholarly articles to support your summaries.
- Explain how the summarized learning theories can or cannot explain the progress that you made regarding your learning experience.
- Describe what insights you have gained from the theories that you can use to improve your learning process the next time you are faced with the challenge of learning something new.
- Consider the following scenario: Sam has just joined a basketball team and is new to the sport. He understands the rules but needs to learn the skills involved in the game. Using the theories you researched, develop two or three different strategies to teach Sam the skills of the game.
Strive to be as concise as possible and limit the length of your completed assessment to 5–6 pages of content, in addition to the title page and references page. Support your statements and analyses with references and citations from at least three resources.
- Include a title page and a reference page.
- Use at least three resources.
- Follow APA format. Note: You may use the APA Paper Template linked in the Resources. This resource is not required.
- Use 12-point, Times New Roman font.
- Double-space your paper.