Prepare a recommendations report about your particular point of view regarding whether or not we should test children’s intelligence.
For this assignment, you have just been engaged by a school district to research intelligence testing for middle schoolers. Your task is to research intelligence testing and look for resources to help you understand the history of IQ testing, as well as reasons for and against its use today. Then, complete the following:
- Write a report with recommendations to school administrators about whether or not we should test children’s intelligence.
- Keep in mind that, to make the strongest argument, you need to acknowledge both sides of the IQ testing issue and answer the overriding question: Should we test children’s intelligence at all? The aim of your report should be to inform the administrators of your particular point of view.
- In your report, address the following areas:
- What intelligence tests measure.
- How IQ tests measure intelligence.
- Historical perspective on IQ tests.
- Whether intelligence tests are culturally biased.
- Whether or not your school will be administering intelligence testing and why that decision was made. Provide an explanation of your decision.
- Cite relevant research to support the details you include. Be sure to reference as least three scholarly articles.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Ensure that resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Length of assessment: 3–4 pages (excluding title and reference pages, abstract not required).