Please Please read the requirements before accept my offer thank you. This is the title of the video
American Experience The Way West 4
link to the video
DOCUMENTARY EVALUATION 1-“TH E W A Y W EST GHOST
DOCUMENTARY EVALUATIONS SHOULD BE TYPED, 10-12 PT. ARIAL OR TIMES
NEW ROMAN FONT, DOUBLE-SPACED, WI TH 1” M ARG INS TO P , BO TTO M AND SIDES.
DOCUMENTARY EVALUATIONS ARE REQUIRED TO BE AT LEAST THREE (3) PAGES LONG.
DOCUMENTARY EVALUATIONS ARE GRADED ON A SCALE OF 0-100 POINTS, WITH “0” BEING THE LOWEST GRADE AND “100” THE HIGHEST GRADE.
NOTE: PLEASE USE CORRECT SPELLING, GRAMMAR, AND PUNCTUATION. THESE WILL COUNT AS PART OF YOUR GRADE.
“The Way West: Ghost Dance”
Watch the documentary “The Way West: Ghost Dance” from the series American Experience, available at the link posted below. Take notes during the video, listing ten (10) or more historical facts that you learned from the video—what did you learn about the Ghost Dance and the Wounded Knee Massacre that you did not know previously? Include this list in your Documentary Evaluation on a separate page.
After you have finished watching the video, please respond in a three (3) page paper in essay format to the following questions, each in one (or more) separate paragraph(s):
1) Specifically describe the fundamental differences between the Native Americans’ view of the purpose of the Ghost Dance versus the whites’ view of the purpose of the Ghost Dance. Do you think that these differences made the massacre at Wounded Knee inevitable? Why or why not? Give at least two specific reasons for your answer, supported by evidence from the documentary.
2) Despite the lack of active hostilities, the federal government mobilized the largest amount of troops since the Civil War against the Sioux Ghost Dancers. Do you think that the federal government was justified in conducting such a mobilization under these circumstances? Why or why not? Give at least two (2) specific examples from the documentary to support your answer.
3) According to the documentary, what specific methods did Native Americans use to resist subjugation of their traditional cultures and confiscation of their lands in the years between 1870 and 1890? Give an example of each.
4) How, specifically, did Indian policy in the last quarter of the nineteenth century, the events leading to the Wounded Knee Massacre, and the Massacre itself demonstrate the consequences of Manifest Destiny?
5) Earlier this year, the Standing Rock Sioux of North Dakota actively protested the construction of an oil pipeline that could potentially pollute the Missouri River, which is their reservation’s principal source of water. State and local law enforcement maintained a heavily armed presence against the protestors. How were conditions similar to the events leading up to the Wounded Knee Massacre? How were the conditions different? Do you think that this confrontation could have ended similarly to the confrontation between the U.S. Army and the Lakota Sioux at Wounded Knee? Why or why not?
ALL TIME TWISTER PAPERS MUST BE CITED. YOU MAY USE MLA-STYLE CITATIONS OR CHICAGO MANUAL OF STYLE CITATIONS. HOWEVER, YOU MUST CITE ALL MATERIALS- WORDS AND IDEAS- TAKEN FROM YOUR PRIMARY SOURCES, WHETHER YOU ARE QUOTING THEM DIRECTLY OR PARAPHRASING THE MATERIAL.
YOU MUST INCLUDE BOTH PARENTHETICAL CITATIONS (MLA STYLE)OR FOOTNOTES/ENDNOTES (CHICAGO MANUAL OF STYLE) AND A WORKS CITED PAGE (FOR MLA STYLE) OR A BIBLIOGRAPHY (FOR CHICAGO MANUAL OF STYLE).
ANY PAPERS SUBMITTED WITHOUT CITATIONS AND A WORKS CITED (MLA STYLE) OR FOOTNOTES/ENDNOTES AND A BIBLIOGRAPHY (CHICAGO STYLE) WILL RECEIVE A GRADE OF “0.”