The assignment is reading a short chapter, and answering 6 questions below in 3 to 4 sentences.
- Review Questions:
- Why did reformers feel that privately owned utilities caused corruption?
- What were the Oregon systems and the Wisconsin Idea?
- Choose one level of government- local, state, federal- and describe three key progressive reforms
- Critical questions:
- Were the progressives’ goals conservative or radical? What about their strategies?
- Theodore Roosevelt has been called the first modern president. In what ways did he change the presidency?
- Did the progressives’’ emphasis on research and documentation indicate their respect for public opinion or not? Explain your answer?
The chapter is attached