Application: Biology, Genetics, and Substance Abuse and Addiction
The relationship between genetics and substance abuse or addiction is a source of some controversy in the field. In this Application, you will consider how biological dispositions and genetics may influence substance abuse and addiction and develop a position on the topic.
To prepare for this assignment:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources, focusing on the information about potential biological and genetic influences on substance abuse and addiction.
- Consider how biology and genetics may influence substance abuse and addiction.
- Think about your position regarding the influence of biology and genetics on substance abuse and addiction.
The assignment: (1–2 pages)
- Explain and justify your position regarding the relationship between biology or genetics and substance abuse and addiction.
- Support your views with information from the Learning Resources.
Support your Application assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources not included in the Learning Resources for this course.