Throughout this course, many opportunities are available to post an initial response to a Discussion topic as well as to respond to your classmate’s responses.
After you have completed the reading, and without reviewing your classmate’s responses, post your initial response to the following Discussion. Your post should be at least 200–250 words in length and should extend the discussion of the group supported by your course materials and/or other appropriate resources.
After you have submitted your initial post, review some of your classmate’s posts and respond to at least two of your classmates. Please review the Discussion Board Participation Rubric under Course Resources.
1. Describe how gender role differences might impact the development of an individual’s personality. Explain how this information would be beneficial to know when using assessment tools.
2. After reviewing the many different assessment tools/techniques we have discussed throughout the course:
- Explain the tool/technique you like the most
- Explain which personality theory it is derived from
- Explain why you chose this tool/technique
Summarize the advantages and disadvantages to this technique/tool.
Read Chapter 11: “Male-Female Differences” and Chapter 14: “Love and Hate” in your text. Friedman, H. S., & Schustack, M. W. (2016). Personality: Classic theories and modern research. Pearson.
Both of these chapters discuss more factors that can impact an individuals’ personality.
Personality Assessment tools:
- Myer-Briggs personality test-Based on Carl Jung’s theories http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm
- The Big Five personality traits http://similarminds.com/big30.html
- Eysenck Personality Test http://www.trans4mind.com/personality/contents.php
- Personal DNA – An alternative test that helps determine your personality and positive attributes: https://www.pdna.com/
- Personality Insights http://www.personalityinsights.com
- John Holland personalities and careers http://www.careerkey.org/asp/your_personality/hollands_theory_of_career_choice.html
Personality tests in the job interviewing process: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lmT9d6VphQ
Problems with personality tests: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxOsjc10MDM&feature=related