Assignment 1: Attorney Tactics
Attorneys may use various tactics to elicit or distort testimony from an expert witness in order to lend support to their case. It is important to understand the ethical guidelines regarding testifying in order to know what an expert witness should and should not say on the witness stand.Tasks:In a minimum of 300 words, respond to the following:
- What tactics can attorneys use to elicit or distort testimony from an expert witness? Describe any three tactics you know of from your readings and your experience. Use examples to illustrate your response.
- What is the best way for an expert witness to respond to these three tactics?
Cite all sources in APA style.Submission Details:
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through the end of the module, respond to at least two other classmates’ posts. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between one or more lines of reasoning in the discussion.
Discussion Grading Table Maximum Points Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions 16 Quality of responses to classmates 12 Frequency of responses to classmates 4 Reference to supporting readings and other materials 4 Language and grammar 4 Total: 40
- M4 Assignment 2 SubmissionAssignment
Due December 6 at 11:59 PM