Final Project: Biopsychological Analysis of a Neuropsychological Disorder
In your Final Project, you will synthesize an overview of the major theories relating to the pathology of a disorder as well as provide a detailed discussion of the etiology (causes) and clinical interventions, using research to support your analysis. Your topic will be the neuropsychological disorder that was selected and approved by the instructor in your Week One assignment, and for which you provided an outline in the Week Two assignment.
In keeping with the focus of this class, the emphasis of your paper will be on the neuroscience aspects of the disorder, to include:
- Theories of etiology (causes)
- Associated factors in development of the disorder (genetic, environmental, familial, lifestyle)
- Pathology (abnormalities of physical structure and function, including genetic and biochemical aspects)
- Treatment options (pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic, with rationales for use based on current understanding of the disorder)
- Diagnostic and research technologies employed in clinical diagnosis, care, and basic science research