Choose one of the professional scenarios provided in Blackboard under the Week 4 tab.
Write a Block Business Letter from the perspective of company management. It must provide bad news to the recipient and follow the guidelines outlined in Chapter 7: Delivering Bad-News Messages in BCOM7 (pages 110-128).
The message should take the block business letter form from the posted example; however, you will submit your assignment to the online course shell.
The block business letter must adhere to the following requirements:
- Address the communication issue from the scenario.
- Provide bad news from the company to the recipient.
- Concentrate on the facts of the situation and use either the inductive or deductive approach.
- Assume your recipient has previously requested a review of the situation via email, letter, or personal meeting with management.
- Include the proper introductory elements (sender’s address, date, recipient’s address). You may create any details necessary in the introductory elements to complete the assignment.
- Provide an appropriate and professional greeting / salutation.
- Single space paragraphs and double space between paragraphs.
- Limit the letter to one-page in length.
- Clarity / Mechanics:
- Focus on clarity, writing mechanics, and professional language/style requirements.
- Run spell/grammar check before submitting.