Prepare a 3–4 page overview of the strategic planning process that identifies the strategic planning outcomes, describes the key components of the planning process, defines the planning schedule, and analyzes past strategies to determine reasons for success or failure.
Choose a health care organization to use for your assessments. You may use the organization where you currently work or where you worked previously, or you may opt to use the Community Hospital Healthcare System: A Strategic Management Case Study that is linked in the Suggested Resources section. You should have enough knowledge about the organization to complete the course assessments.
Once you have selected an organization, complete Worksheet 1, located in the Required Resources section. You will not submit this worksheet, but will use the information you add to the worksheet to develop an overview of the strategic planning process for the organization you chose.
Use the information from Worksheet 1 to develop an overview of the strategic planning process for the organization you have chosen to use. Your overview should address the following:
- Identify the strategic planning outcomes. Keep in mind that the outcomes should be specific and measurable.
- Describe the key components of the strategic planning process.
- Define the strategic planning schedule.
- Analyze past strategies to determine the reasons for their successes and failures.
- Explain the strategies used in the past.
- Identify the factors that contributed to the success or failure of the strategies.
- Explain how this information can be used to improve your process as you complete the assessments in this course.
Format this assessment as a report, and be sure it is organized logically, using headings and sub-headings appropriately. Follow APA guidelines for in-text citations and references.
- Overview length: 3–4 double-spaced pages, not including title page and reference page.
- References: A minimum of three professional resources.
- Format: Use APA format for all in-text citations and references. Include a title page and reference page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.