Allied health professionals are confronted with different death and dying practices. An effective allied health professional recognizes the importance of understanding different cultural practices, and learns how to evaluate the death, dying, and spiritual beliefs and practices across the cultures.
Read the two specified case histories and choose one for this assignment.
Chapter 4, “Stories of Abby: An Ojibwa Journey
Identify your role as a health care professional in supporting Abby or Shanti’s dying rituals, and in creating strategies for displaying respect while still providing quality care. Integrate your strategies as you develop a care plan describing how you would approach the situation and care for the patient.
Include the following in your care plan:
- Communication: family and patient
- Treatment options that align with the specific culture
- Education: family and patient
- Family roles in the process
- Spiritual beliefs
- Cultural responses
- Any additional components that you feel would need to be addressed (from your perspective as a health care professional)
“Stories of Abby: An Ojibwa Journey can be found by doing a google search
No paper needs to be written just fill out the care plan template I have attached the link above.