Answer questions in paraghraph form
1. Seven-year-old Brian has been diagnosed as having attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Describe some of his behaviors, and tell two things that his parents and teachers can do to help him cope.
2. Identify the signs of autism spectrum disorder and explain early signs of the disorder.
3. Define classification and seriation and provide an example of each.
4. Explain what is meant by metacognition. Then describe how 9-year-old Bolgen can use metacognition to help him prepare for a spelling test. Bolgen gets 10 spelling words on Monday and is tested on Friday.
5. Briefly describe the immersion and bilingual schooling approaches to teaching a second language in the United States.
6. Erikson’s fourth psychosocial crisis defines children during their middle childhood years. Name and define this crisis and note how the resolution of the crisis relates to the development of the self.
7. Name the five ways that a functional family nurtures its school-age children. Which area was the strongest in your family? How did your family nurture this area? Which area was the weakest in your family? Why?
8. Name and describe the first two levels of Kohlberg’s stages of moral reasoning. How does a preschool child’s morality differ from that of a school-age child?