1. Choose a scene from The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari .
2. Ask yourself, what is this scene about, what do I understand about the characters’ thoughts or emotions?
3. Determine what cinematic techniques were used by the filmmaker to create the scene’s intended meaning.
4. Post in the forum
- Briefly describe the scene.
- Briefly describe findings from question 2 and 3.
5. Reply to at least one classmate’s post.
A continuous block of storytelling either set in a single location or following a particular character. The end of a scene is typically marked by a change in location, style, or time.