Each student is to choose one of the topics below for a written essay (within first two weeks of classes). The paper is to present briefly a comparative analysis of two approaches towards liberty or a reflection on the impact of international judicial bodies on sovereign states. The paper should have 4000 words and have a form of a scholarly paper, with proper referencing and bibliography. For guidance, see, ‘IR Essay Writing Standard’ and Thesis Manual available on student resources (zasoby) under access code: course1.
we should choose one topics from three given below
- 1. Compare two of the following approaches towards liberty: Plato, Edmund Burke, Thomas Paine, John Locke, Thomas Hobbes, John Stuart Mill, Isaiah Berlin, Alexis de Tocqueville, Erich Fromm, Adam Smith, Herbert Spencer, Jean Jacque Russeau, Friedrich Nietzsche, Robert Nozick, John Rawls, Immanuel Kant.
- 2. Any other two intellectual contributions on liberty can be compared, but such topic requires Module leader approval.
- 3. Analysis of the European Court of Human Rights selected judgments impact on the national legal systems. The exact topic must be consulted with the Module leader.
- all the requirments are mentioned in the file below
- “biblography should be in harvard style referencing ” main point to be noted
- there should be more than “20 references ” !!mention page numbers in essay (pp-pp) ex