Manipulate the data in this sample order spreadsheet to answer the following questions:
- Sort your spreadsheet and then calculate each region’s order totals using Excel sort and “sum” functions. Which region’s order generated the highest dollar amount? What percent of total sales does this region represent?
- Sort your spreadsheet and then calculate each region’s order totals using Excel sort and “sum” functions. Which rep generated the highest sales?
- Create a bar chart or a pie graph to illustrate both of these trends.
Save each sort and submit it as a worksheet in your Excel workbook. Label each worksheet. Use attached document labeled info for mod 3 case Copy of SampleData.xls
Save and submit your work on the sample spreadsheet as an Excel Workbook to show your sorting and totaling results as individual worksheets. For example, Worksheet 1 should be titled “Region;” Worksheet 2 should be titled “Rep;” and Worksheet 3, “Graphs.” In the summary, upload the following into the Case 3 drop box by the module due date:
1 Excel workbook with 3 worksheets
NOTE: You do not need to submit a cover or reference page for this assignment, but please name file BUS 101 MOD 3 CASE CLAYTON ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The initial phase of Creative Problem Solving is often referred to as Problem Scoping. This process establishes clear requirements for creating a viable final solution. It often is initiated by the identification of a need or issue. This part of the problem solving process focuses on the issue/need by gathering and analyzing information. In other words, you will clearly define what needs to be done prior to creating an effective solution.
This SLP will help you practice your problem scoping skills by completing a clear, focused Problem Scoping Document. This will provide a clear problem definition and target for solution development.
The best way to approach this assignment is to present the required information in the order given in the Step 2 section of the Problem Scoping Assignment Instructions. For example; begin by stating the problem that you found from the choices in Step 1. Then move to Step 2 by separately addressing each of the areas presented as a, b, c, etc.
Make sure that you double-check your work against the requirements before uploading the paper.
Problem Scoping Assignment Instructions:
As you complete problem scoping phase, your proposed document will include the following information: Document attached
- Develop a Problem Statement.
- Determine any potential constraints,
- Determine the criteria
- Identify the stakeholders
- Develop a procedure for gathering data prior to decision making.
Be sure to thoroughly complete and submit the Problem Scoping Document.
- Select a problem from either: Performance Management or Compensation Case
- Determine what questions you would ask yourself:
- Scope of the problem – Part of the Problem Statement.
- When and where the problem occurs – Part of the Problem Statement.
- Impact – Part of the Problem Statement.
- Identify two criteria related to the problem statement that you created.
- Who is directly involved with the problem? Stakeholders?
- Determine how you would gather data.
SLP Assignment Expectations
In addition to addressing each step above in the Problem Scoping word document template, your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Center the title, your name, and date on a separate page. Use Times New Roman, 14 point)
- Bold the title only
- Set Left and Right margins at 1 inch
- Number the pages
- Include a References s. I have attached document for info for mod 3 fill out this form labeled Bus101 Layout Mod 3 SLP Problem Scoping Sheet . This is the information you need to read SLP Performance Management Case.pdf. Please use File name as BUS 101 MOD 3 SLP CLAYTON