Choose one of the topics from the http://www.procon.org/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. Website.
Review the following video to explore types of evidence and the problems with evidence –https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqMYVSWwllw (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Briefly summarize the topic you are exploring (50 words).
- Give an explanation between 150-200 words explaining your position on the topic.
- Explore the evidence used to support your position (150-200 words). Include in your examination the:
- Scientific evidence
- Historical and legal evidence
- Statistical evidence
- Revelatory evidence
- In the final step, evaluate at least two problems with evidence (150-200 words). These problems are discussed in the Use of Arguments and Evidence with video and include: outdated, uncorroborated, inaccurate, insufficient, too narrow, too broad, irrelevant, debunked, your lack of standing, and your lack of understanding.