Project: Draft of Client System Role Play Script
For the final project, you will demonstrate the first stage of the GIM process: Engagement. In a 5-minute role-play, you will not be able to adequately demonstrate the entire GIM model and, therefore, you are only expected to provide a brief segment of one of the stages. For this role-play, you will play a social work intern conducting a routine client intake at a fictional agency of your choice.
The first step is to present a general idea for the video role-play. This step is crucial in order to receive feedback before going further so that your project does not become unwieldy or too difficult to produce. This is also a good time to start asking friends and associates to play the role of your client. You may role-play an interview with a child as the client, but the actual actor needs to be an adult.
Assignment Client System Role Play Script:
Using the Role Play Script Template provided in the week 5 resources, provide a description of the role-play and a draft of your script. Based on instructor feedback, you will further develop the script and submit this document as PART B of the Week 9 project.
By Day 7
Submit the Role Play Script, which should include:
Your role play script should include:
- A description of the fictional agency setting and types of services provided at this agency.
- A description of the client system (depending on the client level you selected—micro, mezzo or macro).
- An explanation of the presenting concern
- A description of the client session scene
- Identification of possible practice skills you may use for working with this client system
- A draft script which outlines a scene that includes:
- Greeting the client (for the first time)
- Demonstrating effective attending skills
- Discussing agency services and client expectations
- Deciding if the agency and worker can help
- Offering agency and worker services to the client
- Orienting the client to the helping process, including:
- A discussion of confidentiality
- A discussion of social work intern’s role