Play continues to evolve to fit the needs and wants of today’s children.
Examine a current issue in play.
- Read an excerpt from Stuart Brown’s book Play: How it Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul. (Look for the pages 3-6 excerpt in the drop-down menu that follows ‘The Front Cover’.)
- Read a current journal article (within the last two years) from a reliable source that discusses at least one of the topics discussed in M3:
- how play demonstrates brain development
- how play increases learning capacity
- loose parts
- creativity and pretend play
- peaks and flows
- Describe findings in both readings and how those findings relate to play.
- Discuss your views on the issue you selected and how your reading and experience have shaped those views.