Please respond to one (1) of the following:
- Deviance: Deviance is relative, because whether a behavior is considered deviant depends on the circumstances surrounding it.
- What behavior have you seen or experienced that could be considered either deviant or acceptable, based on circumstances?
- When would this behavior be considered acceptable?
- When would it be considered deviant?
- Neighborhood and Community Characteristics: The social ecology approach emphasizes the view that certain social and physical characteristics of neighborhoods and communities influence the likelihood of committing deviance and crime.
- Imagine that you are in a position as a community leader. There are several neighborhoods in your community with high poverty rates, low-quality housing, and single-parent households.
- What strategies would you propose to address these conditions that are influencing the rates of deviance and crime?
- How would your strategies help strengthen social bonds among people in the community?