By this point in the course you should have acquired an understanding of the sociological bases of deviant behavior. The paper gives you an opportunity to demonstrate this understanding. Please keep in mind that this assignment is intended to allow you to demonstrate your knowledge of course material.
- APA style formatting is required. The body of the paper must include citations according to the APA style format, and these sources should be included in your reference page. Every assignment should contain at least two references.
By submitting this assignment, students will be able to apply one or more of the theoretical perspectives on deviance to one of the following topics:
– Exotic dancers
– Deviance in the military
– Drug user/addicts
– Young offenders
– White-collar criminals
– School cheaters
– Organized crime
– Police deviance
1) Describe why the behavior is considered deviant.
2) How do these deviants view their own behavior? For example, do they regard their deviance as a one-time aberration or see it as a deviant career? Justify your answer.
3) In your view, what impacts (both positive and negative) does the deviant behavior have on society?
4) In what ways has society responded or reacted to the deviance?
5) Provide an analysis of the deviant behavior from the perspective of ONE OR MORE of the sociological theories on deviance set out in the text.
Please read the following:
- Length: Approximately 2-3 pages (about 700 words), and should be very specific about the terms and concepts mentioned.
- Font: 12 point Times New Roman
- Citation Style: APA, a minimum of two sources is required (in-text citation (Links to an external site.) AND a list of references (Links to an external site.))