1. Identify the eight components of a behavior intervention plan.
The eight components of a behavior intervention plan are:
1. Definition of target behavior
2. Attempted interventions
3. Summary of functional behavior assessment
4. Behavioral hypothesis
5. Alternative behavior 1
6. Intervention strategies
7. Alternative behavior 2
8. Intervention strategies and evaluate the effectiveness of the plan (Shepherd & Linn, 2015).
2. Explain how positive reinforcement and negative reinforcement maintain behavior.
Reinforcement increase the likely hood that a behavior will occur again through either rewarding a behavior or taking away an adverse stimulus.
a) Provide an example of an interfering classroom behavior that has been maintained on negative reinforcement and explain how extinction could be used to modify the behavior.
b) Provide an example of an interfering classroom behavior that has been maintained on positive reinforcement and explain how differential reinforcement could be used to modify the behavior.
3. Point out the barriers to the development and implementation of BIPs in the classroom and identify possible solutions to these barriers.
a) How do cultural influences impact your approaches to behavior modification?
Shepherd, (Lynn), T. L., Linn, Diana. (2015). Behavior and Classroom Management in the Multicultural Classroom: Proactive, Active, and Reactive Strategies, 1st Edition. [Kaplan]. Retrieved from https://kaplan.vitalsource.com/#/books/978148