“Social welfare policies are hypothetical solutions to perceived social problems.”
- Why are the policies only “hypothetical solutions?”
- Why are social problems determined by “perception” instead of an objective assessment of facts?
“Without significant redistribution of power and resources, there is really no solution to the problem of economic dependency.”
- Why would the authors make this claim?
- Do you agree or disagree? Why?
- Can you describe a social welfare policy proposal that might reduce economic dependency without redistributing power or resources?