Reflect on your Educational Philosophy
Review the Web resource, “Writing your own Educational Philosophy.” For the Discussion Board this week, you will draft your educational philosophy statement. Your educational philosophy will also be included in the Unit 9 e-portfolio.
To begin, review the article, “Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs Serving Children from Birth through Age 8” and the 10 NAEYC Program Standards. Reflect on the values and beliefs about education that you have developed. Based on your learning and experiences in education, respond to the following prompts:
Should flow like a paper…
1. Describe the purpose of education and the role of the administrator.
2. Discuss the roles of the student, teacher, parents, and community in education.
3. Describe your beliefs about how children learn and your approach to education administration. Consider addressing a few of the following topics:
- Classroom management
- Instructional strategies
- Curriculum design
- Diversity of children
- Parent and community involvement
4. Explain how your educational philosophy aligns with the NAEYC standards.
5. Discuss your knowledge of ethics and professionalism in an early childhood setting.