Case study: is based on tv show Shameless the USA version
Sean is a recovering heron addict and Fiona is on probation and works for Sean at the diner. They both go to meetings together. Fiona is married with a Musician. Divorces the Musician to get married to Sean. Sean is already divorced and is trying to build a relationship with his 8year old son who he finally has visitation rights. Fiona has to deal with taking care of her brothers and sisters. Especially Carl whose in a gang and trying to get out which, Sean assist with all these matters. Sean relapse and starts doing heron again. The day of the wedding Fiona finds out that Sean has relapsed and now Fiona can’t trust him. Sean feels like Fiona is a trigger. They decide to go to therapy to built trust and attachment.
Using the following model,
- Emotionally focused couple therapy (EFT).
Conduct the interview with each client, you will develop questions based on the model chosen, assessments, and interventions consistent with your model. you will develop a list of questions that are model-specific to your case study. You have to add appropriate interventions and assessments according to your model, as well.
To complete this assignment, you will submit your case study. Your case study and paper for this assignment should include the following sections:
Apply model-specific terminology and concepts to describe the case study.
- What case study did you select?
- What is the current life situation of the family?
- Describe the current couple relationship and if appropriate to your model, its history.
Assessment questions and interventions strategies align with selected clinical model.
- How do your assessment questions and intervention strategies align to the selected model?
Analyze how individual diversity affects the dynamics of the couple.
- What are the specific demographics and sociocultural influences that might impact the family system? (Including, but not limited to, influences of: gender, age, socioeconomic status, cultural background, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical ability, religious identity, immigration status.)
Analyze both the explicit and implicit issues that are challenging for this couple.
- What is the identifying issue(s) that led this couple to counseling?
- What implicit factors might impact the identified issue or problem?
- What are the transitions that the couple are undergoing or anticipating?
Create a plan to address or prevent any potential ethical issues in accordance with professional standards.
- What are the potential ethical issues?
- What methods or measures do you plan to put in plan to prevent or mitigate any ethical issues?
Evaluate the ability to apply the selected therapy model to the case study.
- What worked well and what was challenging in using the selected model?
- What would you do differently next time?
Note: Keep in mind that what you focus on in your case study and the language you choose to describe your clients will be contingent on the therapy model you have selected to apply. You should relate your case study to concepts from your model.
If you require the use of assistive technology or alternative communication methods to participate in these activities, please contact Disability Services to request accommodations.
- Written communications: Provide a logical and well-reasoned paper with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and APA style citations.
- References: At least 4 professional, scholarly references. Using the Masters in Counseling Research Guide will help to focus your research.
- Length of paper: 4–6 pages, not including cover page and references.
- Format: Times New Roman font, 12 point size.