Write a literary analysis of “The Story of an Hour” (ATTACHED FILE)
Your analysis (essay) must be at least 2 1/2 pages of writing with a works cited of two sources on the last page .
- Use the Literary Reference Center on Texshare. It is an easy search for sources. ALL SOURCES MUST COME FROM TEXTSHARE (SECURE INFORMATION WILL BE PROVIDED BELOW)
- • Use in-text citations immediately after you use information from your sources.
- • Do not cite “The Story of an Hour.” Including the title and the author in the thesis statement (WRITING LITERACY VIDEO BELOW) is considered the citation for the story.
DO NOT RETELL THE STORY! THIS IS NOT A SUMMARY! FIND A LITERARY DEVICE AND TELL HOW THE AUTHOR USES THE DEVICE TO EXPRESS HIS IDEAS.
Watch the Literary Rap video (BELOW) and think about literary devices and how to use at least one in your essay.
3. Study the YouTube video (BELOW) to learn how to begin writing your essay. Take the
simple advice on how to write your thesis statement (literary claim). It is a great and failsafe way to make sure you write a proper thesis statement.
4. Organize your essay with an introductory paragraph, body paragraphs, and a concluding
a. Make sure that you give background information and a thesis statement in your first
b. Make sure that you have a separate paragraph for each idea that supports your thesis.
And, use your sources alongside your ideas to support your thesis in each paragraph.
c. Make sure that your conclusion includes a summary of your ideas that you presented.
5. WRITE IN THIRD PERSON & DO NOT USE CONTRACTIONS.