Class Exercise 5: Critical Reading
Directions: Address the following prompts for one of the topic-relevant sources that you brought to class today. NOTE: These prompts are taken from the Van Camp and Van Camp (2013) article with slight modifications.
- In one sentence, explain in your own words what the reading does by using verbs like argue, demonstrate, compare, describe, etc.
- Identify the thesis or main hypotheses of the reading.
- List three main pieces of evidence or arguments the authors use to support their thesis or hypotheses.
- Give the definition of two unfamiliar words from the reading.
- Write one sentence in your own words that describes the authors’ main point and references it in APA style.
please make sure no plagrsim and no mistakes with grammar or mistakes .