Final Project: Creating a Therapy Group
Throughout this course, you synthesize current research to create a therapy group you might be interested in facilitating as part of your Final Project. Consider what type of therapy group you might want to facilitate. Is it structured or not structured? Is there a theme? How long will the therapy group last? What else do you need to consider to effectively start the process of developing your therapy group? From there, begin thinking about why you are choosing this group. Is there a need for this therapy group? How would this therapy group form, and where would it meet?
For this Project, think about the type of therapy group you are interested in creating. Conduct research using the Walden Library and select articles that support the rationale for the development of your therapy group. Review the Final Project Instructions document.
The Assignment (3–4 pages)
- Describe a type of therapy group that you are interested in facilitating
- Describe the population and explain why this population might benefit from this therapy group
- Explain the purpose of the therapy group
- Explain the rationale for developing this therapy group
- Research the Walden Library and select seven articles related to this type of therapy group and create an annotated bibliography
Support your Project with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the Learning Resources for this course.