Length: 700 to 1050 words
All key elements of the assignment are covered in a substantive way.
How is the word myth used popularly?: (.50 pts.)
How is the word myth used academically? (.50 pts.)
*Both of the above must be in your own words
The paper addresses the following: (.25 pts. each)
- What the most common mythological themes are across different cultures
- Why myths from different cultures around the world address similar or universal themes
- Must relate how myths explain the unknown and tribulations of mankind
- The relationship between belief, knowledge, mythology, and religion
- Where mythology and religion intersect and diverge
- What the function of myth and religion is in helping human beings cope with change, suffering, loss, and death
- Whether you think mythology is still relevant in contemporary culture and how people resort to modern myths to deal with the unknown and hardships in life.