Instructions: Write complete sentences as well as you can. Grammar is less important in this assignment than clarity. Use course lectures and readings not outside sources. Submit on time. Late exams will be docked up to 10 points per day. And don’t plagiarize.
For 15 points each, write on Four separately in a paragraph or two at the most each.
- Describe and analyze the Sociological Imagination.
- Describe and analyze the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution.
- Define and analyze the concept of race.
- Describe and analyze Social Darwinism.
- Describe and analyze the Knights of Labor.
- Identify and explain the significance of the Treaty of Nanking.
- Identify and explain the significance of the Eugenics Movement.
- Identify and explain the significance of the Credit Ticket System for Chinese immigration.
- Describe and analyze ONE reason why Mexicans migrated to the US during the early 20th
- Identify and explain the significance of the Consumer Culture.
- Identify and explain the significance of the Picture Bride System.
- Identify and explain ONE important court case discussed in class.
For Forty points, write on ONE of the following in 2 to 4 paragraphs.
- What was the Reconstruction Era about? What were its strengths and what were its weaknesses?
- Explain why Chinese migrated to the US in the 19th
- Describe and analyze THREE things we should know about the Progressive moment.
- Based on Greenberg and Page, chapters 4 though 7, is the U.S. sufficiently democratic. Give specific examples to back your argument.
- Explain why Japanese migrated to the U.S. in the late 19th and early 20th
- Describe and analyze three ways World War I impacted the US.
- Describe and analyze the Immigration Act of 1917 and the National Origins Act of 1924 (Johnson-Reed Act).
- Explain why Koreans migrated to the US.