Please read the documents located online at Yale University’s Avalon Project concerning Germany’s Invasion of Poland.
Link- http://avalon.law.yale.edu/subject_menus/gpmenu.asp (Links to an external site.)
For the French and British responses to the German invasion you can visit the following URLs:
France: http://avalon.law.yale.edu/subject_menus/frmenu.asp (Links to an external site.)
Britain: http://avalon.law.yale.edu/subject_menus/gbmenu.asp (Links to an external site.)
In 4-5 paragraphs, please respond to the following (please reference the documents, particularly Hitler’s Address, in your answer):
- Present your answer from the position of an unbiased observer with no prior knowledge of WWI or European diplomatic history prior to September 1939.
- Therefore, your entire knowledge of the escalating situation is based on what you are hearing/reading from Hitler.
- What are Hitler’s complaints?
- What does he believe needs to be done?
- Based on your reading of the documents, what is your assessment of Germany’s actions and Hitler’s justification of them?
[Please write clearly, use “quotes” to identify when you are using the language of the documents, identify the source using a parenthetical reference at the end of the sentence, but otherwise make sure to use your own words in your analysis.