Please read the documents located online at Yale University’s Avalon Project concerning Germany’s Invasion of Poland.
For the French and British responses to the German invasion you can visit the following URLs:
In 4-5 paragraphs, please respond to the following (please reference the documents, particularly Hitler’s Address, in your answer):
- Present your answer from the position of an unbiased observer with no prior knowledge of WWI or European diplomatic history prior to September 1939.
- Therefore, your entire knowledge of the escalating situation is based on what you are hearing/reading from Hitler.
- What are Hitler’s complaints?
- What does he believe needs to be done?
- Based on your reading of the documents, what is your assessment of Germany’s actions and Hitler’s justification of them?
[Please write clearly, use “quotes” to identify when you are using the language of the documents, identify the source using a parenthetical reference at the end of the sentence, but otherwise make sure to use your own words in your analysis.