Estimated time – 17 minutes each
Answer the questions to the best of your ability, BE SPECIFIC
Pick 2 – 35 points each
- Why did the United States go to war with Mexico in 1845 and how did the war change the nation?
- Describe the debates and the legislation that makes up the Compromise of 1850.
- Explain how the emancipation proclamation changed the war for the Union?
- Explain why President Lincoln appointing General Ulysses S. Grant to overall commander of the Union war effort changed the course of the war.
Estimated time – 5 minutes each
Describe and/or define 3 of the following terms, BE SPECIFIC – 10 points each
- Seneca Falls Convention
- Underground Railroad
- Wilmot Proviso
- Popular Sovereignty
- Kansas Nebraska Act of 1854
- Dred Scott v. Sandrod
- Senator Charles Sumner
- Fort Sumter
- First Bull Run
- Battle of Gettysburg
- Thirteenth Amendment
- Appomattox, Virginia (Appomattox Court House)