Choosing what area of human sexuality to study begins with examining the following areas related to the course competencies. Use this as a guide when choosing research articles. One thing to remember this is a course on psychology so the research should relate to human sexuality within that area:
- The major theories associated with human sexual behavior.
- The history of sexual behavior.
- The features associated with male and female anatomies, physiologies, and sexual responses.
- Commonalities and differences in sexuality across childhood, adolescence, and adulthood.
- Gender roles in the expression of human sexuality.
- The current trends in human sexuality.
- The interplay between intimate relationships and sexual behavior.
- The occurrence and course of sexual disease and dysfunction.
- The features of sexual coercion (e.g., implicit and explicit).
- The role of the media in the promulgation of sexually explicit materials.
- The aspects of culture, environment, and geography that impact sexual behavior.
Using the South University Online Library database, find sixjournal articles related to at least two areas listed above. The type of articles that you will need to find is research articles located in scholarly journals. Scholarly journal articles are also referred as primary source peer reviewed articles. What cannot be used for this assignment are web pages, magazines, newspapers, text books, and other books. Finally, current research for our purposes is an article that was published within the last 5 to 6 years.
- Write a summary for each of the journal articles found.
- Write an analysis and evaluation for each of the journal articles found.