Poster Design: General Principles of Exercise Prescription
Before you can design an exercise regimen for a special population, you need to be cognizant of the general principles of an exercise prescription. After reviewing Chapter 6 of your course text, you now have the opportunity to design a poster entailing the general principles of exercise prescription. You may use the enclosed PowerPoint poster template or any other poster template of your choice.
Be sure to include the following elements within your poster:
- Select one target audience for your poster design:
- Beginning or deconditioned exercisers
- Intermediate exercisers
- Advanced or very experienced exercisers
- Older adults
- Compile the FITT-VP evidence-based recommendations for each of the following:
- Cardiorespiratory endurance
- Resistance exercise
- Flexibility exercise
- Neuromotor exercise
- Select images to make your poster visually appealing for your target audience.
Feel free to add additional comments and elements, as desired. Have fun being creative!
The Poster Design: General Principles of Exercise Prescription Assignment
- Poster should not exceed one page in length.
- Must include all elements, as outlined in the prompt. APA style formatting,
- Must include images for a visually appealing poster.
- Must use at least the course text for the poster creation.
- Must document all sources in APA style