- Create a hypothetical client, include the client’s name, age, marital status, occupation, and relevant family information (such as children or involved siblings or parents). This should be 2–3 paragraphs.
- Presenting problem: What is the reason for the client receiving your services? Be specific about the problem, but do not add many extra details by “telling the client’s story.” This should be a 2–3 paragraph description about the problem as the client perceives it.
What are three of the client’s main intervention/treatment goals? These should be specific and measurable. Describe the outcome the client wants to achieve. (1–2 pages)
3.Relevant theoretical constructs: Which theory is relevant to your client’s case? Describe the relevant points of the theory and if applicable, which stage(s) are present. (1–2 pages) For example, clearly describe the main points of the theory and relevant stage(s). Freud’s Psychoanalytic Theory may apply to a client using defense mechanisms when dealing with addiction issues. Give a general description of the theory and then discuss the relevant defense mechanisms.
- Intervention methods: Synthesize the theoretical model you chose above to explain the intervention methods you will utilize to help you client meet the goals. Remember that interventions should be based on documented evidence in your concentration, meaning that you should support your ideas with academic materials to show how they are appropriate. (1–2 pages)
- What cultural issues will you need to consider when working with your client? Culture can refer to age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, and socioeconomic status. (1 page)
- Use of technology: Explain how you could use contemporary technology in your work with this client. For example
- store and organize records
- maintain confidentiality, such as preventing access to client files
- screen for symptoms of psychological disorders
- conduct therapy and meetings in non-traditional settings, such as through email or videoconferencing
Be sure to address the advantages and disadvantages of using technology for the purpose(s) you choose. (1/2–1 page)
The body of the paper should be 6–8 pages, not including the title page and reference page. Write the paper using guidelines of Standard English, and consult the Writing Center if you have questions about grammar or format. Plagiarism is not tolerated. At least four academic references are required.