- PROMPT: Imagine you are living in the United States in 1800. Which party do you belong to, the Federalists or the Democratic-Republicans (Jeffersonian Republicans)? Now make a case why your best friend should switch his support to your party.Remember that you must provide a thesis and then support your thesis with both your big picture explanation and specific and detailed evidence (examples). Be sure to include your name in the subject line of your post.
- Click on your Learning Community in the course menu to your left and access your group discussion board.
- You must make an initial post, according to the instructions below, before you will see other students’ posts.
- For your initial post, you must start a new discussion thread to respond to the prompt above. The subject line of the thread should be your last name
- After posting initially, check out what others have written and thoughtfully and substantively reply to at least THREE other participants.
- Note – While you only need to reply to THREE people, you are strongly encouraged to participate more by replying to several people. Not only will this help deepen your thoughts on this week’s materials, it will also increase your chances of getting full credit on at least three comments/replies.
- Use only the materials provided in the course module or your assigned textbooks. We have vetted all materials in this course and other materials may or may not be appropriate for college level work. I will downgrade anyone who uses outside materials.
- Remember what you have learned about thesis statements and evidence in the Historical Methods Portfolio. Your post should have a thesis statement and it should have both primary and secondary source evidence in support of the thesis
- Don’t quote secondary sources. Paraphrase in your own words and then cite instead.
- You must properly cite using the Turabian/Chicago style that you can find under “Writing Help” in the course menu to your left.
DO NOT ATTEMPT until you have completed Topic 10