Consider two of the video scenarios you viewed earlier in this unit: the Bomb Threat and the Response and the School Shooting and the Response. Based on these scenarios, complete the following:
- Analyze the specific actions or steps that were taken to implement the crisis management plan as a result of the threats.
- Explain the characteristics and skills you observed that enabled the crisis responders to act effectively in the scenarios.
- Explain what the school counselor will do to support students in the recovery process.
- Reflect on the crisis situations and describe evidence-based crisis intervention skills and strategies you would apply to them.
The principal directs the school counselor to communicate to the parents. Select one of the two scenarios and draft a letter to the parents about the situation, the school’s response, and the resources available to the students.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA guidelines.
- Length: 2–4, double-spaced, typed pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.