An important component of the Marketing Strategy is the Marketing Mix. The Marketing Mix is the set of decisions about communications and promotion, price, channels of distribution, and customer relationship management.
This week you will focus only on communications and promotion, following an integrated marketing communications (IMC) approach. Such an approach delivers a clear and consistent message to your consumers and is connected to your Core Strategy.
Discuss the aspects of the IMC. (The elements of the communication mix include: advertising, direct marketing, sales promotion, publicity/public relations, and personal selling.) Define each and discuss the pros and cons of the individual elements.
You should use the text for basic definitions. The majority of research for this section of the assignment must come from ARTICLES located in the library’s full-text databases (Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete, and/or ProQuest Central).
- Provide a brief introduction of the company with which you are working. (The business that I chose to focus on is Micro Bytes. This restaurant sells healthy and simple fast snacks to its customers at an affordable price. The focus on healthy foods is critical for Micro Bytes as unhealthy meals have been found to result in adverse effects like lifestyle illnesses such as obesity on consumers of such meals )
- Include a detailed description of your IMC approach. Explain your rationale for choosing or rejecting the specific elements (include applications to the earlier research section). What changes do you expect to make as the product/service matures?
- Describe the message you wish to communicate based on your core strategy. Explain your rationale for the message. Formulate how you will communicate with your target market? Be specific. How will the internet be used in your IMC approach?
- Select and explain the most suitable method for measuring advertising effectiveness. Your decision must include research to back up the selected method. Be sure to explain why this is the most effective method to measure the effectiveness of your marketing campaign.
Do not use any quotations. Since you are engaging in research, be sure to cite and reference the sources in APA format. The paper should be written in third person; this means words like “I”, “we”, and “you” are not appropriate. For more information see Differences Between First and Third Person.
Use the attached APA-formatted template (MKT501 Case3) to create your submission.
Your submission will include:
- A 4- to 5-page paper with APA citations (2- to 3-sentence introduction, body, 2- to 3-sentence conclusion)
- The reference list page in APA format