please include both question and answer in document 🙂
With the story link, read through the creation myth of ancient Egypt and answer the following:
- Who killed Osiris? Why?
- Where did Osiris go?
- Who is Horus?
- How does the creation myth of ancient Egypt compare to other creation myths?
Using the Explore link, learn more about the different Egyptian gods and goddesses. Use the information to answer some of the following questions:
- Choose three gods and goddess from the list. What are their names? Describe the depiction of each god or goddess that you chose. What is each known for?
- Many of the Egyptian gods are associated with animals. What are some of these animals? Why do you think these particular animals were included in the Egyptian myths?
This website shows how different cultures have incorporated and represented their myths in the art of the culture. Use the “Art by Theme” link and then click on the different myth themes. Under each, there will be pieces of artwork. If you click on the piece of artwork, you’ll find an image of the art, key ideas represented in the art, the myth or story used for the art, and the background of the art.
Choose three pieces of art. For each piece of art, answer the following questions:
- What is the piece of art? Describe the artwork and identify the culture that it is associated with.
- How is the myth (or story) represented in this piece of art?