please include both question and answer in document 🙂
- In Unit One, we discussed how fables and morality tales have morals. If this film had a moral, what would it be? Explain using details from the film.
- In Unit Five, we discussed the communal importance of myths and legends and noted how they unite cultures. In what way do the gnome houses in the film serve the same purpose?
- In Unit Four, we explored the role animals play in mythology. In what way does the owl take on a quasi-mythological role in The Gnomist? What details in the film serve to solidify this role?
- How does the anonymity of the craftsmen contribute to the mythical quality of Firefly Forest?
- Recall the discussion of mythical places in Unit Eight. Would Firefly Forest be considered a mythical place? Why or why not?
- Do you agree with the city’s decision to remove Firefly Forest? Why or why not?
- In what ways are the craftsmen in the video like the heroes we discussed in Unit Three?
- Why do you think the community responded so positively to the gnome houses?
- Do you think the craftspeople will create another Firefly forest in their next hometown? Why or why not?
- What internal rewards do you think the craftspeople got from creating Firefly Forest? Name at least two.