The development of a quality outcome-based research requires practice of the research process and the ability to relate complex information in a clear and logical fashion. For this Discussion, you analyze a mental health counseling outcome-based research article and examine how it can be used to inform practice.
Locate an outcome-based research article in counseling from the Walden Library and attach the article with the assignment
Post by Day 4 a brief summary of an outcome based research article and critically analyze how the outcomes can be used to inform best practices in counseling.
Go to the counseling databases and identify an article that is an example of outcome research. Use these guidelines when searching for your article:
- It should be published in the last 10 years.
- It should not be a meta-analysis of existing literature.
- It should address a research study that is related to the effectiveness of a theory, approach, intervention, technique, or strategy to address a particular clinical problem.
- Note: Remember, outcome research seeks to evaluate the effectiveness of specific interventions or general counseling services.
- It does not have to be related to your final project topic.
- It can be quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods.
- It may not be an article that you are already using for your final project or that you analyzed for a previous week.
To access the Walden Library my username is firstname.lastname@example.org and password: Laurelton88