For this assignment, you will create a 15-20 slide Personal Leadership Development Plan. The goal of this assignment is for you to apply critical thinking skills to formulate a personal leadership development plan. In so doing you will identify and define the strengths and weaknesses of your preferred leadership theory, analyze how you will improve your leadership competencies and examines solutions you can use to manage teams and group dynamics effectively, including conflicts with subordinates.
Analyze your preferences and your preferred leadership approach and style. When you have examined each of the leadership styles, select your top three styles and interpret the strengths, opportunities, and weaknesses based on comparing Northhouse’s description to your personal application.
Your presentation should include:
- Your personal style of leadership, why you selected this theory and how you see using this theory in the workplace
- Explanation of the strengths and weakness of your preferred leadership theory
- Your plan to deal with program development and training of your workers as well as your plan to improve your own skills as a leader
- Based on your preferred leadership style, explain the solutions you will use to effectively manage teams and the dynamics that occur within them
- How will your leadership style address the identification and management of change and conflicts with subordinates
Writing Requirements and Guidelines
Your Assignment should include:
- Cover page
- Provide your name, title of assignment, course and unit number, and date
- Introductory Slide
- Include an overview of what will be addressed in the presentation and a thesis statement.
- Body slides
- Leadership Style
- Explanation of strengths and weaknesses
- Analysis of program development and training, including self-development
- Solutions to manage teams
- Solutions to manage conflict
- Conclusion slide
- Reference list
- Sources in the appropriate citation format
- You must use at least two sources with one reference from Northouse, P. G. (2016). Leadership: Theory and Practice, 7th Edition.
- 15-20 slides with speaker notes, not including Cover and Reference
- Times New Roman font
- Written adhering to the guidelines of Standard American English
- Written in APA Formatting and Citation style