Week 7 Psychology of Disaster Course Project
Many topics of interest and importance are covered during the course; Week 7, especially, provides an opportunity to explore several, often overlooked topics that are critical to our understanding in the discussion of the psychology of disaster. For your course project, you are tasked with selecting one of the following areas, presented during week seven of the course, and examining a disaster event, using the selected area as the foundation of your work. The areas from which you may select include:
- Secondary Traumatic Stress (Effects of disasters on first responders/BH providers)
- Environmental Vulnerabilities and Considerations
- Critical Infrastructure Failures
- Disaster in School Environments
- In a 10 to 15 slide PowerPoint presentation, identify a recent disaster event (within the most recent 10 years), providing a description of the major events of the disaster leading up to, during, and after the event, to the extent possible.
- Incorporating the selected area above, discuss, with detail and support, how the area is illustrated in the disaster event.
- In developing your work, be sure to rely upon academic, scholarly sources to support the definitions and recommendations provided. Ensure the plan presented is based upon evidenced based practices established in the field as effective in addressing psychological needs in disaster settings.
- Work should be submitted in a PowerPoint file or other compatible file, and be 10 to 15 slides in length, excluding the required title slide and separate reference slide. Detailed speaker notes should accompany slides containing mostly bullet point data to include the details expected in the instructions above.
Scholarly sources should be cited both in-text and on the reference page of the submission. A minimum of threeacademic, scholarly sources are required to be cited in the work.
Submissions should be formatted per 6th edition (revised) APA standards. For assistance and resources on APA formatting style, please see the APUS Writing Center at Writing@APUS.
Please use APA formatting and in text cititation
Please No Plagiarism.