Select a diagnosis from the following:
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Bipolar Disorder
- Other type of diagnosis with instructor approval
Write a 750-1,000-word paper about your selected diagnosis. Use headings and include the following in your paper:
- A brief summary of the chosen disorder that includes symptoms, prevalence, development, and course according to the most recent version of the DSM
- An explanation of the types of tools that would be used in order to make a diagnosis of the disorder. One tool described should be the DSM‘s cross-cutting symptom measure.
- A minimum of two recommended psychological tests that could be used for the selected diagnosis
- For each of the tests listed, include an explanation if the test is considered reliable and valid (use the Mental Measurements Yearbook in the GCU Online Library for this information). The Mental Measurements Yearbook can be found by navigating to the following link, then scrolling to the Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print: http://library.gcu.edu/Database/Subject?subject=Counseling_And_Psychology
- Additional information about each test to include the price, length of time to administer, and any other relevant information
- Why wouldn’t a personality assessment be an appropriate tool for diagnosis?
Include at least three scholarly references in addition to the textbook in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standards:
2.F.7.e. Use of assessments for diagnostic and intervention planning purposes.
2.F.7.k. Use of symptom checklists, and personality and psychological testing.
5.C.1.e. Psychological tests and assessments specific to clinical mental health counseling.